
I decided to start a real live blog - just like everyone else!
On July 21st, we celebrated Riley's 13th birthday. I cannot believe it was 13 years ago they let me take home my sweet little bundle of babyness that made me a mother. I am so accustom to being a mother now, I wouldn't know what else to do or think, but at the time it was quite a shock to my system. I spent hours just staring at her; I couldn't believe she was mine and that I was responsible for creating an environment where she could grow up to be well-adjusted and happy. I thought she was the cutest thing that ever came to earth - I still do! I am very lucky to have such a thoughtful, considerate, funny, smart, talented, & enjoyable daughter as Riley!! She brings so much happiness to our home and she is an amazing big sister!!
For her birthday she wanted to go boating! Scott was happy to oblige! Grandma & Grandpa Highbarger, Aunt Breanna, and her Stewart cousins - Jackson & Ellie joined our family in celebrating her big day! We pulled the kids around on the hotdog & hamburger (the names my family has given our boat pulling thingys - so we don't call them that :). Riley wowed us with her water skiing abilities!! She is incredible to watch - she pops right up like it is the most natural thing in the world (I still haven't made it up out of the water), and she glides along, keeping her balance like the little athlete she is! She is good at pretty much everything she tries but it still amazes me to watch her on the water!!
After a long day in the sun; we came home for a dinner of "rolly pancakes" - a.k.a. Swedish pancakes. Riley started calling them rolly pancakes when she was three or four! Then we had cake & presents. She was very grateful, giggly, and appeared to have a great birthday!! I love you so much Riley and I am so grateful to be your mother. I hope 13 is a great year for you!!

Your blog page is soooooooooo cute! I haven't posted on mine for awhile but you have inspired me to get to it! Tell Riley I wish her a Happy Birthday! She is an adorable gal and I love her!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Riley! You are lucky to have such an amazing girl. We miss you guys already, so you'll have to come visit us soon.
ReplyDeleteYeah for a blog! Love seeing your cute girl!
ReplyDelete