Sadness #1 - We try to laugh a lot at our house but sometimes things just aren't funny! Yesterday was particularly sad. Grandma asked Scott where her other son was (this was a good day - she often has no idea how many children she has, genders, etc.) Scott explained that her son Don passed away over 3 years ago - grandma cried and cried. She got really upset for a little while, thinking she hadn't known about it and didn't attend the funeral. She was assured that she had been to the funeral but I don't think she believed us. She cried for awhile. I just can't imagine having to relive the death of one of my children over and over again. The whole thing just broke my heart. The good news - I made a yummy dessert for dinner. Grandma declared "It tastes just like Christmas." I was feeling very proud of my cooking until she said, "all it needs is some pickles." Pickles in a dessert?? Oh well, she was very happy about it! The good thing about forgetting your son died is you forget it again in a few minutes and you can enjoy desserts that "taste like Christmas."
Sadness #2 - our Ashlie is halfway to Denver, Co. Scott talked to her this morning and the cars are running well and things are going smoothly. We are glad for that and hoping to hear news of a safe arrival! Denver just happens to be a lot further away than Rexburg!!!! Andi cried and is very concerned she will never see her sister again! It is just going to be a lot harder to visit her and for her to come home!! We will have to make more phone calls, send more packages, and the internet is a wonderful way to stay close to those we love far away!!! Be safe Ashlie! We miss you and good luck!!!
Sadness #3 - Cooper is 6 months old today! Although time is going to fast and I can't believe my little guy is getting so big; this is not the sad thing. I am having camera withdrawal!!!! Somehow in the move we lost the camera charger!!! I am sure we will find it and the truth is, I mostly just complain about the charger being missing instead of actually searching for it! But, now I have no new pictures to post of my big/little guy!! :( He is a joy to have around and I will dedicate a post to his first 6 months soon; as soon as I charge my camera!!
Jenny's 90 Minute Rolls
1 year ago

So much sadness! Poor Grandma. At least she doesn't hang on to things too long. Maybe she's pregnant, wanting those pickles with her dessert.That's just what you wanted, right?
ReplyDeleteMy heart to you and yours as I read this! So difficult! I'm hoping you find your charger soon! I adore pictures of Cooper and your gang!
ReplyDelete