
It is Spirit Week at Lewis & Clark!!! I always love helping my kids dress up! It was one of my favorite parts of high school as a kid! I still vividly remember Nerd Day and a certain pair of pants Brayden wore :) The image will still make me laugh! So, today was 80's day! What I learned - I am sadly equiped for the 80's!! I have now vowed to scour DI until I am prepared for any century/any gender!! Surely there is a pair of stirrup pants out there somewhere!! We improvised with what we had - one of Dad's sweaters (reached her knees) and a low slung belt. Her skinny jeans were as close as we could get for 80's pants but at least canvas shoes are back in. My absolute favorite part - THE HAIR!!! Who doesn't love Big bangs and satellite sides!! The sad part; I actually thought she looked cute when we were all done! Riley kept saying things like, "Seriously mom, did you really use this much hair spray?" Oh sweetie, you have no idea!! Just for the record - even I am aware that she looks like me in this photo!! Have fun today Riley and thanks for letting your old ma relive her high school/junior high days!
Check Kohl's for the stirrup pants. I saw a pair today and had the blast from the past as I walked by. Everything comes around again eventually.:) She does look so much like you!
ReplyDelete