Thursday, August 13, 2009

The end of summer swimming lessons!

My kids had their last swimming lesson of the summer on Wes. I think we were all a bit relieved to be done for awhile!! Craig just finished with level 6 and is moving on to level 7. This was Andi's first session as a level 6 but she will have a few more before she moves on. Craig has a beautiful crawl, I love to watch him swim!! I am always amazed at the comfort my children have in the water. I was never that good a swimmer or that comfortable in the water. I am so happy my children have the opportunity to swim often!!!
Craig hanging on to the edge waiting for his turn!!! He doesn't love swimming lessons the way his little sister does but he loves being in the water. He gets sick of being told what to do and would rather just swim. I am in awe of how long he can hold his breathe!!! He loves to wear his goggles and spend LONG minutes under water just looking at things. He cracks me up!!

Andi has the most beautiful breast stroke! Her little arms look so cute swimming underneath the water. She is my fish!! She is four but she has already progressed through all the ages 3 to 5 classes and is now taking classes in the 6 to 8 category. She is also very driven. Of all my kids, she is the only one who is just aching to learn, progress, and do anything her older siblings are doing. She watched Craig take lessons while she was too young and once she became old enough - she has been swimming with a vengeance. I can see it in her face - she will grit her cute little teeth, put her face under the water, and swim for all she's worth. Good job my baby!! She loves the water and always has!! When she was a colicky baby, taking a shower or a bath would always calm her down. We spent hours in the shower together!

This is my goofy Andi. I think goggles make kids look hilarious!! Watch out world - here she comes!!!!



1 comment:

  1. My Leslie is a fish, and was my colic baby too. Funny. We didn't do lessons this summer, but we have enjoyed a year pass to the pool that we bought last labor day. We will be sad when it ends. Caleb swims, but not in a recognizable way, so I know I need to get him in lessons to learn his strokes!

    ReplyDelete