Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Hopes Invade the Western Idaho State Fair!!

Scott launched his new business at the Western Idaho Fair last Friday, Aug. 21st, 2009. Needless to say, we haven't seen dad very much the last few days. So, with pre-purchased entry passes & wristbands - the Hopes attacked the fair grounds!! We got to see quite a bit of Dad this way and had a wonderful time!! The rides, as always, were a BIG hit with the kids! Bearing huge grins, my children ran from ride to ride with the gusto & energy only children possess!! My favorite part (aside from watching them have so much fun) was sitting at my husband's booth, in the shade, drinking cold water & fried chicken from our cooler!! It was nice to actually speak in person with him and it gave my feet & the huge, pulsing, painful varicose vein that has taken over the back of my right thigh (your welcome for the visual) a much needed rest. :) Grandma loved the animals (big shocker). We watched a huge pig get a bath - I have never heard such carrying on; you would have thought the poor boy with the hose was killing him instead of merely washing. We found it highly entertaining however and my little ones were still talking about it today. All in all, the fair was a real treat and we enjoyed it a great deal!!
My adorable little cheese balls!!!
Craig flying with great speed down the racer slide - notice the HUGE smile!
Craig & Andi on the kiddie roller coaster. Sadly, I do not have any pictures of Riley. This is in part because I grew weary of hauling the camera around and also because I rarely saw her. Due to her desire to engage in death defying, nausea creating, extremely high rides - we invited her friend Carolynne to come with us. The two of them had a great time riding every scary ride available over and over again!! Riley, who claims never to have gotten sick on a ride - spent the car ride home throwing up twice!! Poor kid, I guess that milkshake combined with too much spinning was finally too much. I wasn't very sympathetic and we enjoyed some laughter at her expense. I blame my father - he taught me to laugh at other's misfortunes!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun. Your Andi looks like you and Kirsten all wrapped in one. How did the business kick off go? You are kind to have transported a barfing child.

    ReplyDelete