I don't really remember most of the gifts I got as a child but I remember the traditions, the laughing, the game playing, the caroling, etc!!! I - like my mother before me - make my children carol/deliver Christmas packages every year. On the 23rd we made our yearly trek out into the cold. Riley hid behind Ashlie at a couple of the houses that were occupied by cute boys her age but for the most part my children are willing participants. My family growing up was capable of sounding pretty nice as a group - I have some wonderful singers in my family. The Hope family has not been similarly blessed!!! This may improve as my little ones age but for now I hope those we visit feel the spirit of Christmas and ignore the off key warbling!! I hope as my children grow up (although there will be those few memorable gifts) they will mostly have fond memories of our family traditions!! I hope my often feeble efforts to include the Savior and the joy of giving to others will impact their little souls and teach them to love others and be grateful for the most important gift we all recieved. I hope they have hearts full of family memories and love for their siblings!! I cannot tell you how my heart aches to be so far away from many of my siblings this time of year! I am grateful for wonderful parents, amazing siblings, and mostly for my personal Savior who has enabled me to have all the joy and blessings I enjoy at this time!!
We recieved several new games for Christmas and now I plan to sit around the table and play with my cute kids!!! I plan to laugh and build memories with the sweet little people I have been blessed with as children!! Merry Christmas!

What a great year for you guys. We're planning to come visit next week. We can't wait for your kids to show off their new stuff!
ReplyDeleteHappy Christmas! I'm glad you take your kids out singing. I remember your family singing to mine. :)
ReplyDelete