
Saturday was a beautiful, spring day in Boise!!! We have sort of developed a family tradition over the last couple of years. On one of those first wonderful, warm days - the Hopes head to Camel's Back Park!!!!! We brought a fried chicken picnic dinner, the dogs, our tennis shoes, and the desire to play outside! The kids and I hiked all over that mountain and it felt wonderful to be outside, sun on my face, calves aching as I climbed!!! The site of Craig running up hills I could barely stumble up, was a site to see. He runs with a look of pure joy on his face - running for the sake of running! You inspire me my little son!!
A side note - Scott is a gadget guy :) I think a picnic sitting on a blanket works fine but as you can see from above - the Hopes picnic with gadgets galore. I can't complain however - he does all the loading, setting up, unloading, etc. and I get the comforts! Love you babe!

Here we are headed out on our first trek up the mountain. Baby in the front pack, dogs rearing to go!! I have to say the second hike up was much easier - I left the baby with daddy and I only brought one dog!! It is hard enough to get up that hill without my sweet little 16 lbs of baby along for the ride.

This is a view of the hill from our "campsite." Two of those little spots on the trail are my two little ones - Andi and Craig both made pre-emptive climbs while we were setting up!! This photo does not begin to give this park justice. The backside of the mountain is covered with trails winding through the foothills of Boise. A person could spend hours roaming! Beautiful!

A well earned view from the top!!! Boise is a gorgeous city from this vantage point. I LOVE living here!!

Cooper's first picnic!!! You can see he enjoyed it! Please note the cute little feet!
Baby feet are my favorite! Looks like such a nice day for your family!!!
ReplyDeleteHow fun. Scott and his gadgets crack me up! What a cute family, and Cooper is getting cuter all the time; I didn't think that was even possible!
ReplyDelete