
Unfortunately it happens every year - summer comes to an end! The Hopes had a wonderful summer this year! Our new house has a neighborhood pool practically in our backyard - needless to say we spent a great deal of time in the water! We did a couple of trips to Eagle Island, Scott took the two little ones to Roaring Springs, we enjoyed the local spray parks many times, and ate
Popsicles galore!!! However, as I was thinking over our summer, I was shocked at all we hadn't done. There have been a few staples that have been a part of The Hope's summer since we moved to Boise that just didn't happen this year (baby mostly). We did not take our boat out a single time!! We usually spend many sunny days at Lucky Peaks on our boat - water skiing, pulling the kids on the
hotdog and hamburger (nick names for our tube
thingys) but they don't even make life jackets small enough for Cooper and Scott didn't want to go without me so, no boating this summer :( We also always float the Boise river at least one time - again, the life jacket issue kept us ashore! We didn't go to Powell's Candy store even once -
AAAAGGGHHH!! What has happened to us? We also didn't sleep in a tent a single time - NO CAMPING!!! I usually still camp with a tiny one but somehow it just never happened this year! I am not mentioning all this to complain - to the contrary, I enjoyed this summer very very much. It was wonderful to immerse myself in the world of chubby baby limbs poking out of summer clothes,
nap time being
re-instituted in my life (me as often as Cooper), and walks with the stroller! Cooper's arrival may have changed a few things this summer but I wouldn't have it any other way! Besides, we always have next year :)

These are my cute summer girls in all their attitude and glory!!! They are remarkably cute don't you think!

I just love Andi's lower lip :) I have beautiful daughters!

Baby in a box!!!!!

We may not have gone boating or camping but we sure watched plenty of cartoons (groan)! We believe in training them up early to be couch potatoes!!! I just thought it was so cute to see them sitting like that together!

Sunday afternoon - Craig, Andi and Cooper immediately found their pajamas but Riley is still dressed (Sunday afternoon meeting). These are my sweet, silly children :)
Once you get that baby properly packaged, send him to Salt Lake for me to love on him... :)
ReplyDelete