Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Cross Country 2009!!!

This is Riley catching air as she pushes hard to the finish at the Eagle Middle School cross country meet! I know it is silly but I get choked up every time I watch her run!! I am proud of her for competing in such a hard sport - long distance running is not for the faint of heart!! She had a really great year this year. She finished in the the top 6 at every meet and placed 3rd or 4th most of the time (15th at district; about 230 girls running). She and two other girls always took turns placing in the top three from her school. She is a good little runner! I wish I could take some credit but alas; this girl of mine has lots of raw talent and an amazing heart/drive!! She does get her ability to run forever from my father - the man could hike a mountain goat into the ground :)! But, she gained most of her natural athletic ability from the Poulins - they are an athletic bunch!!
She finished a couple of races so tired, she needed help walking. Rubber legs!! She gave it her best and that is the most important thing! She cried when cross country was over but basketball started the very next week. She said basketball practice is a breeze compared to the grueling cross country practices!! Next year cross country is a 3.1 mile run, but Riley already knows she can do it. She ran the Teton Dam 5K in June of 2008 and got 1st place in the 20 and younger division. I think the longer distance will serve her well - the grandpa/goat abilities she has :). You are awesome Riley and I am in awe of you on a daily basis! Good job baby girl - I love you~

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Tons of work and talent! I'm impressed! (Karma, I cry at every little thing my kids do, you have every right when they do something awesome like this!!)

    ReplyDelete