Each year Ustick Elem. has a "Parade of Costumes." They arrange the classes around the play yard and everyone parades around showing off their Halloween regalia! They work it out so there are always some classes watching/cheering and other classes parading. Craig was not allowed to bring his weapon (light saber) but here he is pretending to fight off bad guys anyway :)
After the parade, they all have their own classroom parties!! Here he is painting a pumpkin - dressed as Obi Wan Kanobi. They had treats, painted, and made ghosts out of cheese cloth.
Thurs was a BIG day for Craig. Not only did he have his Halloween school party but it was also Show Week at gymnastics. Families were invited in to watch the class perform everything they have learned during the 9 week session! Here Craig is doing a "vault jump."
Here Craig is showing off his prowess on the balance beam!! I was actually impressed at how much he seemed to have learned already!! My favorite is how much Craig LOVES gymnastics. He does everything with the biggest grin on his face!! He is so excited to go every week and I am so glad he his "own thing." With two sisters, I think Craig often gets lost in the girl drama! I am so glad Scott and I decided to enroll him in gymnastics! He gets to run, jump, use lots of energy, learns skills, uses his body, and he enjoys it! Good job Buddy - you were awesome!!
On a side note - our family did have 3 Birthdays in October. Scott turned 43 on Oct. 3rd. It was Conference Weekend but we managed his favorite dinner, some cake, and presents between afternoon session and the Priesthood session. Ashlie turned 21 on Oct. 10th. She was unable to come home that weekend (she is in Rexburg attending school) but we did send her a "Birthday in a Box." We missed being with her but we hope our gifts and crazy singing over the telephone made her feel loved!! On Oct. 29th I - the mom, turned 36!! We had a busy day with Craig's stuff going on and Riley had a school Halloween party going on that evening too. BUT, my family gave me some presents I really really wanted and took me out for Mexican food!!! So, we didn't take any pictures but I thought I should at least acknowledge the three birthdays!!! We love you Ashlie and I am glad you are at least coming home for Christmas!!! Your family misses you :)

No comments:
Post a Comment