I always wake up the Monday after Conference filled with energy and the desire to make positive changes. I have been praying a great deal lately about some parenting issues I have concerns about. I felt that talk after talk after talk directly answered my parenting prayers. So much amazing and wonderful information about being parents was given from the pulpit this session. I feel my spiritual tool box has gotten a little bit heavier! Now, as Sis. Tanner also says - I need to "do it" and use the new tools instead of just liking them a lot :) It is so rewarding to hear my children talk about Conference with such happiness and enthusiasm. I realize that coloring and M&M's are largely responsible for this attitude but when Elder Bednar was speaking, I watched my sweet little Craig look up suddenly and listen intently to what was being said for a few moments. On several occasions I found Riley with tears in her eyes and when Elder Ballard was speaking about mothers and daughters; Riley came over, hugged me, and said she loved me. I know my children's testimonies are growing and I am grateful for a Heavenly Father that knows I need the extra strength every six months!!
Jenny's 90 Minute Rolls
1 year ago

Cool pizzas
ReplyDeleteMy kids were excited about conference this time too. They were asking over and over, "Is it time yet?" and hurrying me upstairs to watch. Probably helped that we had talked about it at FHE and they had new conference booklets and snacks. Most of us stayed in our jammies all day!
ReplyDeletePS-I would LOVE to hear more about what you've learned from Sister Tanner. I saw her last month and told her I would love to take her class... maybe this upcomig Fall.