
I always find Easter a bit difficult. I love all the worldly Easter traditions - Bunny, Candy, Egg hunts, etc. Yet, I am fairly certain my littlest children don't really get the real reason we celebrate Easter. They can repeat appropriate Savior related themes but I know they are more excited about the candy! My friend Alisha doesn't celebrate any of the Bunny related Easter activities. I admire her a great deal for that but I just don't know if I can do it?? I will continue to express my testimony of the Savior to my children and help them understand the atonement and pray their testimonies mature as they get older. It was lovely that Conference and Easter overlapped; I think it helped create more of the spirit I try for but usually fall short! Between sessions, we ran to a community Easter egg hunt. They also had bouncy toys and other fun activities. It was fun for the little ones and Riley was great help. Scott had a running event he had a booth at that morning; so I was on my own. Grandma, baby boy and I were cold, so after the initial egg hunting - Riley followed the kids around and took pictures while Grandma and I sat in the warm car!

Here is Craig enjoying a bouncy slide!!!

Showing off the loot!!! I love their sweet, happy faces!!

My attempt at an action shot - FYI, it is really hard to take pictures of children that are running away from you :)

I had a bit better luck catching Andi in action - hand reaching out to grasp an egg :)
Just so ya know.. when we asked the Easter Bunny to "hop on by" that didn't mean we wouldn't be participating in neighborhood egg hunts, yummy candy and fun bunny crafts. It just meant he wouldn't be visiting us on Easter Sunday. I tell my kids that they are basically getting the same candy and doing the same things, just not on Sunday.
ReplyDeleteIt also helped to replace it with something that did feel appropreiate to me..Jerusalem dinner and "Easter in an Egg". You wouldn't believe how excited they get about the Jerusalem dinner. They talk about and look forward to it all year, mostly because of the goat cheese. Weird, huh?
I think that by bearing your testimony of the Savior to your kids, you're on the right track. You're a great mom! They'll get it.
Your family is getting so big. I wish we could see you guys and your new addition. Cooper is adorable! From what your dad said he sounds like perfect baby. We miss all of you.
ReplyDelete