
I have amazing children (I am a little biased however) but when Riley runs - I am in awe! She had an amazing season this year! She finished almost every race in the top 5 and even ran on Varsity for part of the season! She lettered as a Freshman - which is quite a feat! She works so hard and is so talented! Cross Country in high school is quite a deal - they practice all summer (I think it is wonderful - she has to be at practice by 8 all summer), they have team dinners before every meet, have numerous team parties, and went on a trip to Northern Idaho for a meet!!! She has her Cross Country family! The above picture is 4 of the "Freshman 5" - we are missing Sydney! From left to right - Blayke, Brittney, Riley & Taylor! I love these girls and I am so grateful Riley has friends like them!!!

Post run - always a race to the bathroom!!!! Tired, sweaty but satisfied with her 3rd place finish!

This was her district meet - I can't remember what place she came in but she beat this girl just before the finish line!!!

Here is Riley catching Leanne (her team nemisis)!!!

Here is the start of the race!!! It is a beautiful sight!!!!
I love to watch young people work at things that stretch and mold them! Way to go!
ReplyDelete