
At about 4 am this morning I woke up to the sounds of crying. I lovingly nudged/kicked Scott and he went to see what was going on. Upon entering the kid's bedroom he heard Craig saying, "I'm stuck, I'm stuck." Apparrently, Craig had gone to bed with silly putty - who knows why. The heat from his sleeping little body had melded the silly putty into his scalp and the pillowcase, effectively attaching him to his pillow. Scott disengaged him, turned his pillow over, and told him to sleep on his stomache! The next morning, we couldn't find Craig. After looking all over the house Craig emerged with a large chunk of missing hair. He had taken matters into his own hands and cut out the silly putty. Our only choice was to shave his head :) This picture does not quite capture the destruction but you get the idea!!

Here is Craig post head shaving (Dad took this picture). He was very concerned that people would laugh at him until I reminded him that this is how his cousin Gabe wears his hair - he was totally fine with it after that (Thanks Gabe). The funniest thing - after Scott got done shaving his head, Craig said, "Thanks for mowing the lawn Dad." Scott and I have been laughing all morning!! You never know what is going to happen next at the Hope house but it is a journey that never gets boring!! I love you my funny little son! When Scott asked him what he learned Craig replied, "Don't take toys to bed, especially silly putty." Words to live by!
I'm still laughing to myself over this one! He is such a little character. Mowing the lawn? Too funny. I will share this story with my kids in the hope that it won't be repeated =)
ReplyDeleteWhat a funny kid! I'm going to have a hard time getting used to his short hair. It's always been so fun and long.
ReplyDeleteJacob took silly putty to bed once too. It didn't get stuck in his bed, but all over his sheets! I'm not sure what they make that stuff out of, but is a pain to get out of fabric! Don't you love it when kids decide to solve their own problems? He looks great with the cut!
ReplyDelete