Friday, July 16, 2010

Andi the Determined!!

I have posted previously about the determination level of my sweet little girl. She seriously LIVES life to the fullest!! She has been asking me to let her have a lemonade stand for weeks now. Last Sat. was the day!!! We filled our 5 gallon water cooler with lemonade, baked sheet after sheet of choc. chip cookies, Riley helped her make a sign, and Daddy set her all up with table/umbrella!! She sat out in the heat all afternoon (from about 1 until I made her wrap it about at 5:30) Riley, Scott and I took turns watching her (we were worried about the freaks of the world plus Andi's ability to make change). Riley did the most however - thank you sweet girl, you are a wonderful big sister!
In the end, Andi came away with $28.85!!!! Quite the afternoon's work. Scott made jokes all night about ways our kids could support us :) I was a little worried about broaching the tithing subject with her - she had such plans for her money. After talking to her about how much she needed to pay in tithing, she said "How do I get the money to Heavenly Father?" I told her we give it to the bishop. She said, "and the bishop gives my money to Heavenly Father?" I tried to explain how the church uses tithing to her. She said, "and then the bishop gives my money to Heavenly Father?" I said, "yes." She was satisfied and I guess understanding tithing is a progressive lesson :)
Andi comes up to me the other morning and says, "Mom, I want to go for a run." She put on her running clothes, got a water bottle ready and took off running. She ran around the "track" in the common area behind our house. She ran hard too!! She would stop for a sip of water and then off she went again. She is now pretty sure we need to go for a run together. I don't think I could keep up with her :)
Post run - she needed a towel "for all my sweatyness." What a girl!! I love you sweet thing. You certainly go after what you want in life - I should learn from your example!!

2 comments:

  1. Way to start her young! I;m impressed with the lemonade stand. She's quite the sales person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a lemonade and a cookie! What a doll! (who wouldn't buy from such a sweetie!)

    ReplyDelete