
Riley is 14!! I seriously don't know how this happened - I had a baby and now she is 14. Life is spinning by much much too fast :) Riley is a joy to have in our family! She is such a cheerful, enthusiastic, happy person. She almost always has a smile on her face and laughs easily. She is my social butterfly. Since she was just a small girl she has been making friends everywhere - people just love Riley :) Riley is a hard worker, dependable, and a perfectionist. I never worry about things when Riley is in charge. She is such a wonderful big sister - Craig & Andi adore her. I keep thinking things will change but it is not unusual for Riley to orchestrate games and keep her siblings happy for hours. Last week I went upstairs and found the three kids playing some game - each bedroom was labeled, had open/closed signs, and they were laughing and enjoying each other. We call Riley the pied piper- her cousins adore her also; all children love Riley. Watching her with baby Cooper makes my heart ache sometimes. She is so loving, sweet, and playful with him and of course, Cooper loves her. It is like a little window into what she will be like as a mother. I am so glad I have a baby and a teenager at the same time :)

Riley mostly
received running stuff - cross country in high school is hard core. They meet Mon.
thru Thurs. at 8 am to train. Next week she is going to Sawtooth Running Camp - a whole week of running and fun! She really needed some good running clothes! I am so proud of her and her dedication and hard work! Riley has been anxiously awaiting 14!! Stake dances :) All of her friends are already 14 and have been going to Stake dances for awhile - Scott isn't sure he is OK with this. He keeps threatening to not let her go to a dance unless he is chaperoning :) Riley is obviously horrified by this notion!! Scott just keeps thinking about what he was thinking when he was 14 and he is ready to lock her up in a tower (there really is something to fairy tales). She turned 14 yesterday and today she left for
BYS (a mini
EFY that
BYU puts on here on
BSU's campus). There is a dance Friday night at
BYS and a Stake dance Sat. night after she gets home!!! Riley is jubilant and Scott is scowling - good initiation weekend! I just hope they both survive unscathed :)

For her birthday, Riley and I went to see a movie. We did some shopping and spent the afternoon together. I just really enjoy spending time with my daughter. She makes me laugh, she is witty, intelligent and easy to be with. Having such a grown up daughter is a wonderful experience! I love you Riley girl and thank you for being such a sweet, amazing sister and daughter. I don't know what we would do without you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment