
Long ago, the Hopes created birthday party guidelines. My children can have friend parties when they turn 5, 8, 12, 16, and 18. The rest of the time it is just a family party. Riley asked me several times if she could have a friend party anyway. I got thinking about how it really is quite a long time between 12 and 16, especially during such a social time in your life. I decided to throw Riley a surprise party!!!! Her friend Sydney helped me make the guest list and her dad and I have been conspiring all week. I was so excited Wes. night that I had trouble sleeping :) My wonderful sister Meighan asked her to babysit Thurs. afternoon and bring her back at 6 pm. We had a bunch of her friends, food, and decor all ready in the back yard!! It was a bit anti-climactic for us when she just stared at us for a few minutes in confusion! When she did realize what was going on, she hugged her mom and said thanks (in front of all her friends). The girls had pizza, ate cake, opened presents, went swimming, watched a movie, and then played night games. Poor Carolynne creamed out and lost skin on her knee and foot - so sorry Carolynne!! I want to thank Riley's friends for coming and for keeping the secret. Riley had no idea and it was so much fun!!!!!

Eating pizza and hanging out. I love listening to my girl and her friends talking and laughing! They are a good bunch of girls!

Opening presents! I still need to see what was so funny about this card :) Taylor has a beautiful smile!!!

Smelling the bath and body works lotion Hailey gave her!! I love you sis!!
Looks like so much fun. Nice job Karma! Happy Birthday Riley (soon).
ReplyDeleteI am impressed that all the girls kept the secret so well! How fun!
ReplyDelete